Re: Pete Boot

In article <9DE44DE48562D11195EB00805FF5101B03AB68B3@burlington13.vtmednet.org>,
    "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>  writes:

> 	I just ran across a Pete Boot called "The Genius of Pete Townsend".
> It has a picture of a pimply faced young Pete sitting at a piano on the
> cover (or back, can't remember).
> 	The tracks were a bunch of demos for Lifehouse (there may have been
> others..didn't look at it too thoroughly).
> 	Anyone heard of this?

Yes, its been around for ages initially as a vinyl boot
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/who/boots/vinyl.html#3>

> 	Are these the same demos as on Chronicles?

Most likely.  Lots of times Pete did multiple versions of demos, so
there may be some slight differences.  Also the ones on Chronicles
were remixed/mastered for official release, whereas the demos
appearing on bootlegs are of varying quality as far as the recording
goes.  Sometimes the bootleg demos are different versions altogether
or omit some instrumental tracks completely.  Compare the demo of
"Drowned" on the Quadrophenia MSG 1996 bootleg to the demo of
"Drowned" on the "Quadrophenia Demos" bootleg.  The former has drums
and other instrumental pieces that are completely missing from the
latter.  I much prefer the former.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,