Re: BTTB YBYB; WN 2001; DSOTM; JA; BS; and more BS

> Yup.  Him too.

Keets:

Just ask his partner, Senor Noreiga.

> I'd like to hear a live performance.

So would I, but not as a release. As a concert experience, sure.
Then again, if this becomes the Who's Next tour like the last was the Quad
tour and before that the Tommy tour, they're still just rehashing and I
think you know by now how I feel about oldies shows.

> I still think the Who's Next version
> holds water--it just didn't all quite make it onto the album.  And who
> knows?  It might sell.  I hear idealism is popular again.

Well, if they make it from the old versions...I would make a Lifehouse
boxed set from The Who, incorporating the Young Vic shows, NYC sessions,
alternate versions, and finally the complete Lifehouse by The Who followed
by live tracks from the 1971-72 tour, which we know was recorded. Like the
Layla boxed set.

> Why is that?  Because the band's a four piece and includes Moon?  I
thought
> the '96-'97 Quad was a killer show.

I loved it too, but I'd prefer one from the original tour. Can I explain
why? I don't know. I just dislike it when a band redoes something 20 years
later, like the aforementioned Pulse version of DSOTM. The technology makes
it too easy now.

And yes, in my own double standard (some would say) I accepted it with Quad
because they really couldn't do it right the first time.

> I thought she admitted it.

I thought she denied it...but I will admit I don't keep up with this sort
of thing.

       Cheers                  ML