Eric Clapton & Tommy

Here is a partial transcript of Clapton's online chat at AOL last night,
that I thought might be of interest to WHO fans:

DrewLIVE:  Well, we're starting to get near the end of the event, but we
have a couple more questions here, and then we'll be done.  Let's see.
This  question is:  I loved your scene in the film Tommy.  What was it
like working on screen?

Eric Clapton:  I can barely remember.  I was in semi-blackout for most
of that.  I went through the brandy and other substances that were being
introduced into my system, along with the rest of the guys.  I can't
really remember very much about it except that I was so kind of turned
off by the whole thing in the end, because I don't really like that,
being on that side of the camera.  But I remember the director or his
assistant called me up afterwards and said we need to shoot one more
scene, so I deliberately shaved my beard off.  He said that's no
problem, just come down and we'll stick another one on.  They did, hair
by hair.  And it took like three hours.  That's my main memory of it.

And also Moon, you know, hanging out with Moon who was a complete and
utter lunatic.  And we had a lot of fun together.  That was probably -
him and Pete, you know. I was very close to Keith.  And I'm very close
to Pete.  It was Pete's baby, making that movie, so he took it a little
bit more seriously than I wanted to or Keith wanted to.  And we were
desperately trying to sabotage the whole thing all of the time.  And he
wasn't that pleased.  But a lot of the time he would get into it.  But I
mean, I love those guys and I felt very honored that Pete wanted me to
be involved.