Re: Rolling Stone

In a message dated 7/14/00 11:36:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Aholcomb@albion.edu writes:

<<  I mean we all love them 50 times as much as anyone loves a band like
Pearl Jam, which is fine and all, but it's definitely NOT the Who.  So I'm
going to go to that site about 10 more times or so.  Let's show those
corporate-slave bastards what's what!
 Viva La Resistance!
 Anne >>

With all due respect...bullshit.  To say that Who fans are more dedicated
than PJ fans is nonsense.  Yes, we hardcore Who fans are just that, hardcore.
 But PJ still exists...the group just put out a new album.  It's been 18
years since The Who did so.  Even PT acknowledges that The Who really only
exists as a memory in 2000.  PJ has a MUCH bigger following RIGHT NOW than
The Who.  I know dozens of sincere, dedicated PJ fans who spent many
thousands of dollars to follow the group on its European tour.  As for this
"corporate-slave bastards" comment, PJ cares a hell of a lot more about its
fans than does The Who.  I've got VIP tickets for the PJ Vegas show for face
value...an astonishing 31 bucks a ticket.  The Who's idea of treating fans to
a VIP experience is charging them 350 bucks for a bunch of crappy souvenirs
and a 20th row (if you're lucky) ticket.

Make no mistake, The Who is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better band than PJ.  But to say
that somehow PJ fans are inferior to or less devoted than Who fans is
ignorant, plain and simple.

ChicoTodd