Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #181

Just getting caught up to all the digests from the Who lists ...

Kevin in VT (and all the others at the pre-show TGIF's/Manassas):

Sorry I missed you all there. My sister decided to have a sit-down dinner
for some of her friends who were on the way to the show. Then there was an
accident on the way to TGIF's, which means holy hell for the traffic
situation down there. She didn't want to take the chance of missing the show
(she knows me well), so we ended up going directly to Nissan. Kevin, we used
to live in Rutland and I thought we were the only Who fans in VT who drove
to the Foxboro, MA show in 1989 from VT!! Guess not!

Jess in Jersey (a.k.a. Sally Simpson):

Hope you're healing nicely. After all, you want to make a good impression
when you present your case in court.

Joe:

Great editorial on the Camden show! When I saw Pete walk out with that surly
face and start to taunt the audience, I knew we were in for a special night.
It was in the air.

Scott:

The sound does seem lower than previous shows. My ears haven't been ringing,
a good indication of high volume levels. FWIW, my husband sat in Sect. 200,
Row R with friends (I was in 4th row) at Camden and they all said the sound
"bit the big one" back there. They knew Townshend was letting it rip on his
guitar, but they couldn't hear it. It kept fading in and out ... wish I knew
what would cause that. Hope it's not a result of sharing stage equipment!

Phil:

Maybe the "beer wench" at HOB wouldn't have bothered you so much if you
would have just stopped your hopping and chanting ("We are the mods, we are
the mods ...") while she was peddling her wares for tips.

On a lighter note, my friends in Philly are huge Stones fans. Last time they
saw The Who was in '82, when I dragged them to the show. They were blown
away by the energy of TED at Camden and couldn't believe everyone was
standing at the show. They asked if it was "some kind of Who thing."

Now, a long wait for the Cleveland show.

Corkface
corkface@delphi.com