more great journalistic research

Ha.  You guys are going to love this!  Roger's going to be on TV this
week narrating AMC's "Rockstock" film festival.  (For anyone not busy
with the tour frenzy, it starts at 10:00 pm Sunday night and runs
though Wednesday morning.)  So here's a bit of the article on it that
appeared in the Florida Today newspaper:

Marshall Crenshaw wrote the book on rock 'n' roll movies.  Well, at
least a book.  His compilation of rock-related films, "Hollywood
Rocks," came out in 1994 (now out of print).  He also played Buddy
Holly in the 1987 Ritchie Valens biopic "LaBamba" and impersonated John
Lennon in the Broadway production of "Beatlemania."

So the 46-year-old songwriter/musician ("Someday, Someway") was a
natural to be involved in American Movie Classics' Rockstock film
festival that kicks off today at 10:00 pm with a documentary narrated
by RINGO STARR.

<snip rest of article>

Now it's not like AMC hasn't publicized this.  Roger's face is all over
their website.  I called the reader hotline to complain, and this gal
who answers thinks it's as stupid as I do.  And not only that, she
tells me what a great looking guy Roger is.  ;)

LB