Misquoted lyrics; Battle in Seattle; WhoFest 2000

>As Pete and Rog trade off vocals on this one, I read "Our name's the same
>but we still get seperate rooms." as they're all "faceless Rock stars" to

Speaking of misheard lyrics, or misrecalled in this case: "We're both the
same but we still get seperate rooms..." Like I said, I find this to be two
members of the same band, not a married couple in which case it might have
been "Our name's the same..."

>Haha!  I was surfing this week and ran up on some list that was discussing
>what might happen if Led Zep and The Who got into a bar fight.  Totally
>hilarious.  Somebody ought to get these parodies together into a book.

Keets:

Sounds like that claymation show on MTV. The Who would win, though...with
Moon and Bonzo sneaking off to get drunk. Plant was always a wimp, and JP
Jones no fighter. Townshend would have split Page with his guitar within the
first few seconds...

>The way it's written, I wondered if "rafters" might have some other slang
>meaning.

I can only speak to what they mean in the US. I haven't heard of another
meaning.

> Usually it's the police that knock when the performers start to
>take their clothes off.

You know of this personally, do you?

>I heard if you play Tommy on CD while watching the most recent live Pink
Floyd
>concert video, you can actually sense David Gilmore's stomach expanding.

Scott:

Another good one!

>I always heard it as   "....to the sound of old T. Rex....oh....and Who's
Next."

I think so too

>a "higher level" & all that, but sometimes I have to ask, What in bloody
hell is he
>talking about? !  Of course, I've never claimed to reside on Pete's
artistic plane.
>"The whole trip's above me."

This IS the same problem he run up against in 1971, so it shouldn't be any
surprise to find a similar reaction now. Don't feel strange about it; you're
in the great majority.
I have yet to hear it, so I can't comment, but I do believe that it is one
of those things which will have to sink in. I HOPE so! I find the stuff I
like the best is that which takes me time to appreciate.

>Um.  I think the Chronicles is the cheapie set.  Method is the one with the
>key that sets you up for the great communal experience.

Keets:

That's correct.

> I have to admit
>that it's sort of an attractive idea.  And it seems like he said something
>about another way to become part of it, like through the concerts or
>something.  It's whether or not you feel the spiritual part of it, or just
>want the guitar smashing.

Pete wanted from the beginning to include the audience and "let the story
emerge as the players did." I suppose this is as close to that reality as he
can get (although he might be in for some unpleasant surprises depending on
who gets Method). Now I wonder if everyone is going to ascend at the end of
the show...it's worth the money just to be there to find out, at least for
me.

> I would rather have some new material , than have another release of
>sorts. I have had enough of reunion/aniversary tours.

Rommel:

Don't feel like an orphan! And they should play NONE of their "old favs"
like Baba and BBE.

>Nick (in Salt Lake) and I had so much fun our first get-together that
>we are meeting at least once a month to go over Who tidbits and share

Phil (and everyone):

Well, the Whofest is not TOO far away and a chance for more to do the same
sort of thing. Expect an announcement about WhoFest 2000 in the next few
days. THIS one has the potential to be quite special, and if things work out
everyone who doesn't come WILL wish they had.

             Cheers                                  ML