The name game; Cheese it, it's the MPs; Knock and roll

>can get, and if "our names are both the same, but we still get separate
>rooms", it sure implies that that's what's happening.

Alan:

As Pete and Rog trade off vocals on this one, I read "Our name's the same
but we still get seperate rooms." as they're all "faceless Rock stars" to
the hotel staff, and from the same "name" (The Who) to those who do not
bother to take the time to see them as individuals ("Excuse me, Mr.
Townshend, but you have a call." "I'm Daltrey, you twit! Townshend's got the
nose." "Ar, fuck you Daltrey!" a scuffle ensues, and Keith takes the call
"Yes, dear chap, this is Messer Townshend...").

>And on "Naked Eye", if the line about separate rooms refers to Pete and
Karen's
>marriage, then perhaps the following line is about their sex life (or lack
thereof).

Carolyn:

But were they having problems this early on (apart from Pete having a few on
tour)? There is no indication of this in any account I've seen. They were
probably making or having Emma about the time this song was written.

>Is there anyone who could provide me with an MP3 copy of the "Join
>Together/Roadrunner/My Generation Blues" medley from The Kids Are Alright
>soundtrack?

Brian:

If you get no response from anyone, let me know. I'm currently dealing only
in WAV files, but could easily download a converter and make an MP3 of it
for you.

>'Someone takes his pants off (Keith Moon?) and the rafters knock '
>from 'Long live Rock'.Rafters meaning what exactly

Derick:

"Rafters" are crossbeams which support the roof, often exposed (remember the
cabins at the Baba Center?) especially in large halls where a band might
play. The rafters knock because the music is so loud and the people are
stomping and jumping to the music. If the building is a-rocking, don't
bother knocking.

                  Cheers                                            ML