Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #20

In article <Pine.GSO.4.10.10001222145120.21769-100000@ux8.cso.uiuc.edu>,
    gregory thomas harris <gtharris@students.uiuc.edu>  writes:

> Certain songs on that list of covers aren't exactly covers, are they?  I
> mean, Zoot Suit, I'm the Face, Armenia were all written for the Who by
> other people and Bald Headed Woman was written for the Who and the Kinks.

I hadn't thought about that; I just went through the song list on
www.thewho.net and listed off anything not written by Pete.  Even
though they may have been written for the Who, I still consider them
covers.  They aren't songs by the band members themselves.  By that
definition I think lots of bands would be categorized as "cover bands"
exclusively, which is fine by me.  It doesn't mean that they suck,
just that they don't write their own songs.  George Thorogood makes
some great music, but its 99.9% covers.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,