RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #21

> >Just wondering what the ages are of those debating the Oasis cover?  Do
> we
> >have a generational debate going on? I tend to concur with Scott's take.
>
> >Then again, I'm finding most of today's music boring.  Not since grunge
> has
> >there been the guts.  Interesting how the best music comes out of social
> >unrest.  Late 60's - war, social change;
> >Punk in the late 70's - disgust with Disco (and other stuff-anything :) ;
>
> >late 80's Grunge - economic depression/recession.
> >What will be next...........late 90's - some are getting so damn rich
> they
> >go 'la vita loco???!!!!!!!!!!????????  ;(    There's some real music for
> >ya!!   >;(~

> year
> or so ago that tied the great musical explosions to wars and such.
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Good point by you.  And of course we know what
unique social phenomenon begot the (brilliant) blues.
	Maybe "social phenomenon" isn't the right way to describe this
country's dark chapter of slavery and the subsequent economic and social
differences.  But, I think my point remains.
	What was going on at the times of Bach and Beethoven?  Any history
buffs about?

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in VT