Never can get an answer (not this time)

Phil:

>As Brian pointed out the full Kids soundtrack is now available on the
Japanese polydor release.  I just got mine the other day and recommend
this HIGHLY over the MCA release.<

I'm sure it's great, but it also costs $45 in my neck of the woods.
"Too much!"  I'll wait for the US CD rerelease (someday, I hope....)

Scott & Jim:

>But everything you mentioned above IS on CD.  I have WHO'S MISSING &
WHO'S LAST on CD.  It's all out there (usually as imports).<

>I've got Who's Missing, Two's Missing, (unremixed, US, The Who Sings)
My Generation, and Who's Last on CD. I've ordered the Japanese import of

TKAA, which includes the medley. The only thing on my non-CD list is the

long version of "Magic Bus" from the vinyl MBBB.<

Sorry, I should've been clearer.  I have WHO'S & TWO'S on CD myself.  I
was thinking of CD's that are currently in print in the U.S. or U.K.  I
suppose technically THE WHO SING MY GENERATION counts, too, but wouldn't
we all prefer a British remix?  My POV is that of a poor brand-new Who
fan who has all this material to find.  I did forget the long "Magic
Bus", tho.

Brian:

>I forget if it was someone on this list
or the other list that said this:
"Why don't the British build computers?
Because they can't make one leak oil."

I will post your complaint about the chatroom on the chatroom for Mark
and
Pete to see.<

Thanks so much for your help!  I'm glad Matt did reply...I'm sure
they're working on the problem.  I'll try to be patient.  Reason I worry
about the BBC disc is that Amazon had it on their boards, but now has
dropped it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Good joke, BTW!

Mark:

>It's The Beatles doing The Who, which I would like to hear. A little
replay
of history, perhaps, as John Lennon did a quick version of A Quick One
after
seeing The Who at The Stones' RnR Circus.<

Unless this was taped at the RnR Circus itself, that little fragment
comes from the GET BACK/LET IT BE sessions.  John was inspired to sing
it right after George walked out of the sessions, quitting the band for
a week or so.  "A Quick One While He's Away"....  Far as I know they
haven't played any other Who.  Of course, "Helter Skelter" was inspired
by a remark Pete made about ICSFM.

>AAA (French single version with alt. vocals), Substitite (US single
with
alt. lyrics), Waltz For A Pig (although some might not count that since
it's
not The Who but instead a B side of a Who single), three Radio London
commercials, Magic Bus (long simulated stereo version and short stereo
version), Signal 30 (aka Sodding Around), Kids Don't Have Kids & Join
The
Air Force (PT radio commercials), Great Shakes (Moon radio commercial),
Young Man Blues (proper House That Track Built studio version), Eyesight
The Blind (alt. vocal), The Seeker (alt mix), I Don't Even Know Myself
(alt.
version), and from the NYC 1971 sessions with Leslie West: Pure And Easy

(w/Daltrey's end vocal intact), Baby Don't You Do It (unedited), Getting
In
Tune, & Won't Get Fooled Again.<

OK...You win.  I was mainly thinking of previous album releases.
Where's Signal 30 from?  Plus there's the edited version of WGFA from
the single release.

Carolyn