A Quick (one?) Boot

As for fast boots being "commonplace", I couldn't say anything on that with
respect to The Who, as I have none :-(     Which makes Joseph Stralo's
suggestion of setting up "weed offers" very appealing to me.
However, having collected more than a few Dead shows on cassette, I have
found that the earlier ones tend to vary quite a bit in speed. That could be
from the original being taped too slow (we've got batteries, dammit! we need
Acid!).  Or from maladjusted (see previous drug reference), or just plain
crappy, duplicating equipment.  Whatever the cause, I say drop the prentense
of "preserving" the virginal quality of the umpteenth-generation copy and
make it sound the best you can....put that equalizer to some use! You're the
one who'll be enjoying the end result. As for the speed adjustment,
sometimes the spoken passages between songs (if there are any) are a good
place to detect whether you're fast or slow.

"                                             "- that's where the snappy PT
quote should have been ;-)
Cory