Re: MCA

RE: Phil McRevis
<<   Clearly MCA routinely fumbles the ball in
 promoting the band.  If it weren't for this mailing list I wouldn't
 have heard about any of the remasters, the Isle of Wight disc or the
 BBC disc or the concerts or etc. etc. etc.

    Amen Brother! I too would be very behind in WHO news if it wasn't for ALL
you great folks on this list (and others like them)!!
    I really don't think MCA is AS bad as many are saying. Don't get me
wrong, they DO suck, but there are other labels that are just as bad!! Look
at Atlantic! They are notorious for not promoting (in recent years anyway)
RUSH, QUEENSRYCHE, and GENESIS have all released new albums in the past year.
How many casual fans of these bands just found this out now? The only thing
I've seen promoted was the new LED ZEP Best Of (and even THAT was minimal)
    Another thing to remember is that the Labels are going to go with "what's
hot" and that's that! Yeah, the BBC CD should go GOLD in a few months, but
that ain't shit compared to what a Backstreet Boys or KORN types of artists
sell (mostly multi-platinum in months)!
    And as far as sound quality goes, COLUMBIA ain't that great either. Most
of their remasters brag about this Sony 20 - 22 - 24 Bit remastering process.
IT SUCKS!!!
I've got remasters from JOURNEY, BILLY JOEL, and OZZY and TBH they sound the
F'N same as the LP, except without the tape hiss! At least the WHO remasters
SOUND remsastered!!!
    OK, I'm done for now,
         Keith