Re: unabridged Kids Are Alright soundtrack

In article <20000112085043.8223.qmail@hotmail.com>,
    "Jeremy Craine" <jcraine@hotmail.com>  writes:

> Judging by sound quality it has been remastered...

Cool!  I'm going to try to remember to order it today.  A customer
review on amazon indicated that there was no remixing going on.  I
think that's the difference... it may have been remastered from the
original vinyl mix, but it wasn't remixed for the wider dynamic range
of CD.  Even if the sound quality was identical to the MCA release,
just the ability to have *all* the soundtrack again would be worth it.

MCA are you listening?  Of course not.

> My 2 fave trackson it are the Shepperton Studios 2 and thats what I've been
> listening to mostly.There is a def improvement over the original cd
> release..

Yeah, well... there is nowhere to go but up from an MCA release!

> plus the packaging is faithful to the vinyl release...

Yep, these Japanese polydor releases are getting quite the rep for
their faithfulness to the original vinyl releases.  While standing in
line at HOB, a girl there had new copies of the latest from Japan and
I got a chance to check out the Odds and Sods release which was pretty
cool.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,