Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #6

TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<<
 Hi Gang!

 Tidbit in USA Today (01/07, page 3E) on a new book "Live at the Fillmore
 East" (Thunder's Mouth Press, $40)by photographer Amalie Rothschild.
 Rothschild was apparently an NYU film student who worked for $50 a week and
 had complete photo access (Sweet!)

 Among performers mentioned are, of course, our boys. Sounds pretty cool.

 Everybody have a great weekend!

 Rob in Cincy

Sounds sweet indeed. I have a 1995 "The Fillmore East: Recollections of Rock
Theater" by Richard Kostelanetz (photographs by Raeanne Rubenstein) and it is
done very nicely. Great shots of the Who (Color & B&W).  Articles on the Who
from their performances of April 6, 1968 & June 5-6, 1969.  I'm not familiar
with when the Who actually played at the Fillmore, so I don't know if these
date are correct, otherwise the only mistake I found was Daltrey spelled
sometimes with and 'e' and sometimes without.  Janet