Boots wearing thin?

>I don't have a CD writer currently, though it is high on my list of
>things to acquire. However, I have had a tape recorder for many
>years, and I do not make copies for people of legitimate releases.

Kevin O:

Well, no one can say you don't walk the walk. Good for you!
I really meant to say, in that query, that I was not intending to put you on
the spot with the question, but instead ease the level of agitation it
obviously caused for you. And when the time comes for you to get a CD
recorder, I'd strongly advise you get a computer burner rather than a rack
unit.

>Pete has always had a love/hate relationship with his fans, and I think
this
>is another manifestation of it.  All the fans who pirate and buy and sell
>bootlegs heavily justify it by saying they buy everything that's officially
>offered, so I suspect Pete is calling their hand with the expensive custom
>sets--very typical of Pete for having more than one reason for what he
does.

Keets:

Well, I did buy Chronicles despite having most of what's on the first two
discs already. I've been a Who supporter for more than 30 years now, an
advocate really, and I've spent lots of money on it. I've introduced them to
more people than anyone I know of at this time...sometimes by making them a
copy of released material.

>None of this change is planned, and everybody has to do that same
>thing

This is true, and people still come into my store asking for 8-Tracks and
cassettes.

>comfortable with downloading mp3s from archives may not have that
attachment
>to a hard copy disk

You could be right, but check out LP prices on EBay. Also, it seems that
ANYTHING becomes valuable again if you wait long enough.

>bear sales, as Brian has reported.  You have to hand it to Kiss--they do
>stay on top of the trends.

But they suck. The Backside Boys are on top too. What does it all mean? Is
there a God who would allow this sort of nonsense? Oh, the humanity...

>one day buying the actual CD or going to the cinema to see the movie
>on the big screen anyway! Or rent the video!

Derick:

Or get a DVD player. Great medium, that.

>*The Byrds: Boxed Set

Daniel:

You might want to get the individual CDs; they've been remixed and sound
better than the boxed set. Got Untitled today...wonderful.

>   Here's the thing about tape and CDR trading: it actually KEEPS people
>from making a profit off of bootlegging an artist's music.

Jeffree:

Damn, that's a good point! I've got to hand it to you.

Here. Go on, take it!

                Cheers                                           ML