Boots

>While on the subject, I was wondering if there is a "definative" Who boot
and what it might be?
>Or just what some of you collectors consider your favorite shows?

Dave:

I couldn't pick ONE, and as they've been releasing most of the studio
material (like BBC) it gets harder all of the time to find anything, but
there's still lots of live stuff. I'd suggest Fillmore East 1968, Tommy LAL,
Largo/Philly 1973, Swansea 1976, Toronto 1982 (you can get most of this from
the videotape), Radio City Music Hall, and lastly Quad at Madion Square
Garden 1996. Then you'll have a basic picture of their live career, and you
can fill in the gaps from there.
The Who Remembers The High Numbers has the Marquee Club (really the Scene
Club) live stuff on it, from 1964. Who's Zoo II has lots of tidbits on it,
although some is offspeed. You CAN deal with this in one way or another...a
CD player with a pitch control, or download Gold Wave and put the music on
your hard drive, then adjust the pitch and make a CD or a tape from that.

>Pete said this on the Letterman show before Woodstock '98.  He didn't say
>whether Karen and Emma got the acid, but it does seem likely because
>supposedly there wasn't anything there that wasn't spiked.

Laine:

That's what he said...if you set your cup down, someone put acid into it.
Pete didn't want to go to Woodstock, so I have to wonder why he brought the
family.

>another reason is the  high prices..official titles are about IR£12.99 -
>($28-$20) whereas boots are
>IR£15/16 ($20+)

Jeremy:

There's between $20 & 30 here, per disc, so it sounds like you're getting
the best end of the range. I paid $25 for my Shaking All Over, and then had
to have it shipped from NYC.

                    Cheers                                     ML