Re: Pino Schradadino

Scott Schrade said:  "Interesting arguement.  I, however, believe the
'spark' that ignited the 2000
WHO tour was in fact the Daltrey Sings Townshend tour back in, what was
it, 1994?"

The point I intended to make was no so much about a spark, but a
progression.  If we wanted to find THE spark, we might have to go back to
'64 and I even I don't want to type that much text.  (Someone might
accuse me of spewing carbon monoxide - whatever that might mean).

The Carin '98 Pete stuff was necessary for him to find some solid
personal ground that he could stand on so he could effectively
collaborate within The Who.

Schrade:   "Daltrey's decision to include a large segment of QUAD on his
tour seems to have been a direct precursor to The WHO's QUAD tour in '96
which then seems to have been a stimulant for the 2000 tour."

True,  except that by my math '98 comes between '96 and '00 :-)
Again, you may not have liked the resultant sounds, hairstyles or dancing
of the PT '98 mini tour, but the results are not just seen in the
immediate.  It was a necessary stage in his development.

I am on this jag because Mark L has favored me with his own personal Who
Live box set:  5 discs from '64-'89 that give a great feel of the
progression of The Who as live performers.  I find most of the '80s stuff
to be pretty flat.  After listening to these five wonderfully edited
discs (THANKS MARK!!!!!!!), I popped in some 2000 tracks and was
immediately re-engaged.

Jeff