Re: We gotta SCOOP the SCOOP

SCHRADE wrote:

>Here's a toughy:  Which is better?  SCOOP?  Or ANOTHER SCOOP?
>I don't think I prefer one over the other.  Maybe ANOTHER SCOOP
>has a slight edge....I don't know.  Anyone out there dig that "Brooklyn
>Kids" song?  Or "Never Ask Me?"  I do.

To me ANOTHER SCOOP is better musically because it has more familiar
who tunes and for me it is on CD, where SCOOP is on vinyl.  The best part
of SCOOP is the liner notes that show Pete in his early recording studios.
These pictures are priceless, and shows you just how into music he was.  They
also show a technical genius (electronically speaking) cause you know that
he had to run all those wires, and mess with the equipment to produce the
sounds that we all now enjoy.  For me, they are a glimpse into Santa's
workshop, or Thomas Edison's lab.   The only difference is that Pete knew
that he was on to something that would not only transform pop culture and
music, but that he would be famous for it.   Most genius is not self-aware.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.  There are sixty or so for ya!

"Brooklyn Kids" is wonderful.  Romeo and Juliet stuff.  I can see a movie
staring Mini Driver with this song as the backdrop.

"Never Ask Me" is a magical song when you consider what Pete gained his
fame for.  Certainly not being a sensitive ballad kind of songwriter.

I love "The Shout" and "The Ferryman".  The latter can be played as a
Halloween soundtrack.   The former is pure emotion about a lost love.

Joe

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.