Guns Of Brixton; No Supernatural or Phish or tie dye please

>Hmmm.  Depends on my mood, I guess.  ;)

Keets:

Not me. I've never been a "hands on my head" kind of guy. If I've got to go
down, it might as well be in a blaze of glory.

>GREAT song....I am listening to that album as we speak;-)

Drew:

After all, we can't listen to The Who ALL of the time!

>Mark,  We all know Grammy is bullshit, but you gotta give Santana  credit
>for producing a very successful album and creating a new fan base.

Jeff:

No I don't. Oh, it was successful. And brought new fans, but they weren't
Santana fans. They buy his other stuff and bring it back, saying it sucks.
When it's Supernatural and especially Smooth that really sucks. I know; I
sell it to them (and buy it back too).

>Who album.  Since Pete is having such problems writing and he seems to like
>having junior Who-disciples paying their respects, it seems semi-plausible

NO NO NO NO NO NO! A thousand times NO! Let those people do a tribute album,
and let's keep The Who pure and untainted.

>BTW - I am not offended, "Supernatural" does not bite (although certainly
>not his best), and your opinion may be just another indicator of your
>advanced age.

You're gonna pay for that remark, Bucko. Good music is good no matter how
old I get, and vice versa. Why? In ten years you won't be playing that
Santana CD, but you will be playing The Who. Good, bad, it has nothing to do
with ME. Rock is dead, as they say.

> I don't get the Lauryn Hill/Wyclef thing, but I do like the
>Dave Matthews, Rob Thomas, Clapton cuts.

I can't abide Matthews (he thinks too much of himself when he's really only
a Grateful Dead substitute), and Clapton has his moments...well, they're
mostly other people's moments cause he didn't write the songs...but it's not
like I don't like any new music. Orgy, Liz Phair, Rancid, Smashing Pumpkins,
a lot of the newer Punk bands...and other stuff. I don't like mellow Rock,
that's all. No Phish or Bela Fleck, please! The older I get, the rougher I
want the guitar. Figures, most people get more mellow. I don't care; I've
never been a hippie despite the hair; I've always been a punk at heart.
I've got to say, having attended the Dylan/Simon tour a few years ago and
being surrounded by young Deadheads who thought going through the motions
was the "real thing," one thing I liked a LOT about the Atlanta Who show: NO
DEADHEADS! Or, if there was they had the decency not to wear tie-dye. I
mean, tie dye wasn't cool even when it first came out, really. Some people
thought it was, but then some people got "shag" haircuts too. And wore stack
shoes. And got off on Kiss, and thought Boston and Asia were great bands.

>MTV's Real World in New Orleans ends with "Anyway,
>Anyhow, Anywhere" from Pete Townshend Live

>go'ers. One of the rooms is called something like
>Modrophenia and it has two twin beds with red, white
>and blue targets on the bedspreads...

Inga:

Thanks for more evidence.

Mike, I hope you're taking note of more evidence of the Who's heightened
profile!

>Definitely.  Carlos really brought out the best in the other folks who

Keets

You guys are beginning to scare me. I demand a recount!

"The new President of The United Sates is
    what I would call a cunt "
              Pete Townshend

               Cheers                 ML