Santana=Who Not/Blues to Manchester

Kevin O:  "Ever wonder how this new album will be marketed?  Will it try and
go for the larger audience, like Carlos?"

ML:  "Oh, I HOPE not! Sorry if I offend anyone here, but that album bites.
Carlos has done some incredible music (most of it in the early `70's), but
that album winning a grammy invalidates the value of a grammy. And if anyone
thinks that's the best Santana they've ever heard, I refer you to Lotus or
at least Caravanserai. After you've listened to either or both, we'll talk
about the best Santana."

Mark,  We all know Grammy is bullshit, but you gotta give Santana  credit
for producing a very successful album and creating a new fan base.  I have
also been thinking that "Supernatural" might be a decent framework for a new
Who album.  Since Pete is having such problems writing and he seems to like
having junior Who-disciples paying their respects, it seems semi-plausible
that they might have guest writers and performers ala "Supernatural".
Possible guest list:  Vedder, Weller, Gallagher, Strummer, Bono, Yorke.
IMHO - Pete would *really* like to receive the kind of kudos and sales of
Radiohead's "Kid A", which makes an all-original disc more attractive.

BTW - I am not offended, "Supernatural" does not bite (although certainly
not his best), and your opinion may be just another indicator of your
advanced age.  I don't get the Lauryn Hill/Wyclef thing, but I do like the
Dave Matthews, Rob Thomas, Clapton cuts.

Schrade said:  "I think Zak could even 'let go' a bit more.  He's
already proved to me that he's not going to be annoying!  Go ahead, Zak,
kick it up a notch!  Get crazy!"

Scott,  Agreed.  I think he *has* been kicking it up a notch. When you
listen to the progression from BTTB to the Manchester MP3s you can really
hear Zak loosening up and feeling comfortable enough to improvise.  I hope
this trend continues!

Jeff