forgive my pent up emotions

Random observations from my psych couch:

I would rather listen to "Face Dances", "It's Hard", and/or
"Psychoderelict" than that sham, Grammy-award-winning disc by Carlos
Santana OR the top 100 Billboard list from '81 or '82 when those last two
Who albums came out.

I will happily buy Pete Townshend's music, which continues to stylistically
challenge musical boundaries, as a member of The Who or solo.  Can you
imagine another pointless Rolling Stones album or worse yet the continual
drivel that Paul McCartney produces and has produced since the wonderful
"Band On the Run" album?

What I get from The Who, including the Pete Townshend, John Entwistle, and
Roger Daltrey solo albums will always be a welcome respite from the Mammy
or Grammy's (as in grandmother) Award Winners and the Britney
Spears/N'Sync/Limp Bizkit fly-by-nights each year.

Also, the Dave Marsh', Chris Charlesworth, John Astlely Who commentators
and documentors of Who histories bother me greatly with the way that they
all discount any project after "Who Are You", with little more than a
paragraph of how crap "Face Dances" or "It's Hard" are.  Well to these
over-the-hill and relive-the-glory-of-their-piss-and-vinegar-youth's should
look at the Billboard or Rolling Stone top 100 during the time those albums
came out, who would prefer?  These commentators are so wrapped up in the
glory of The Who they want a magnum opus at each turn - it won't happen -
and only perspective will help put these projects in their place -- they
are good albums, better than most of the albums from that year.  Well when
I was a teenager "Face Dances" and "It's Hard" came out and I have the
press clippings from newspapers and magazines stating how brilliant these
albums are.  AND They are better than average, I enjoy listening to them,
repeatedly, do I compare them to "Quadrophenia" - good God no, but I listen
to them more than I ever revisit Katrina and the Waves, The Fixx, A Flock
of Seagulls, or Big Country.

And like a good parent, Pete Townshend's diary to us, essentially kicking
us in the ass should not be a shock.  He has already been more brutally
honest and open with us for too long, perhaps this is why we feel we can
converse with him and he is one of us.

All hail the majesty of The Who.  Is it not good to be a Who fan? consider
the alternatives...

The Arctic Group Ltd
Phone/fax: +36 1 269 6394
mobile: +36 30 2699 544