Re: Another Roger interview in Dallas Morning News

>rog hit it on the head by saying if we did the things the stones did and
>charge their prices. the diff is the stones produce albums but dont care
>and they churn them out. when was their last hit??? probably in 82 along
>with the who. the boys care about their albums and that is why they are
>hesitant about doing a new album but that is my opinion

Definitely the way to go.  We've heard a few experiments just lately and
it's interesting to speculate about what they might come up with.

The overall sound and style is one thing:  The heavy electronic sound that
Pete produced for the Gateway Remix seemed very popular, and I can see it
mixing with John's sound, but not especially with the ballads Roger
generally comes up with.  So then the tour has been something like "back to
basics" (possibly the next trend, as McCartney has done that, too).

As far as lyrics go, we've yet to translate "Crossroads Now," but it seems
like Pete may have hit a couple of nerves with recent improvs.  Maybe we'll
hear some further development later in the tour, and they can get some
feedback about whether they've got a hit or not.

;)
keets