Re: Fwd: Irvine review from the Orange County Weekly

>and what does the who have to say about all this? nothing. why? cause
>they're smart enough to ignore the negative reviews and focus on the good
>ones, at least that's what pete does anyway.

You'd have to average the results, I'd guess, in order to some up with  any
clear idea of how things are going.  So far the average it positive and
looks like the tour is just fine.

Since we have nothing better to do, though <wink>, it is interesting to
speculate on the reactions of different critics and what psychological
process stands behind them.  It's curious that ideology runs with musical
style, a point that came up on another list just recently.  TED as musicians
seem quite acceptable to punk or grunge rock fans, but there is that
difference in philosophy about money.  It ran in the sixties/seventies, too.
  Something perennial?  Like maybe true art should never be commercial?
That artists should always be poor and music free?

keets