Re: Pete's new diary

At 02:16 27-8-00 -0400, Magik wrote:
>To All,
>
>Pete's latest diary is unbelievable. Extremely revealing. It's the
>Secret Lifehouse Tour for sure!
>
>See it at:
>
>http://www.petetownshend.com/press_release_diary_display.cfm?id=2061

Hmmm. I feel kinda hurt when I read:

"You do your job before you come and see us (except for all those
Trust-Fund misfits who follow us around the world in a kind of trance,
trying to find a
Grateful Dead family vibe, that of course doesn't apply to The Who. We are
a broken family
ourselves, damaged, and suffering from much inter-sibling abuse and
defection. How can
we truly respond to the simple gift of well-wishers showing up? Do they
expect a funeral or
a baby-shower?)"

For a moment it feels like I don't want to be a fan of Pete anymore; he
doesn't care about the ones that really love him. I love him; but this
isn't showing "love" to me. It's more like he's disgusted by the fans that
follow him around. Like he didn't care about all the trouble I go through
to see him as much as I can.

It just keeps confusing me; I know the excuse is: "well, this is Pete". But
I tried SO hard to go to these five shows I've been to, and yes, it
couldn't have been done without the help of some other "Trust-Fun misfits",
who really helped me and I am very thankful to them. So I got to do it,
went to the shows, The Who rocked, come back and I read that Pete thinks
that what I just did was stupid. I don't believe that, I had the time of my
life; I love these guys. Does Pete love me? Or are we on a love-hate
relation? :-)

That's why I am a HUGE John Entwistle fan. John just sees things plain and
simple. He loves his fans.

I am not playing my Pete records today... Just JE solo work. :-)

Cheers,

Bjorn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

Yeah, yeah! This is the Dutch contingent again?
"After Ze Fire", I hear the accent. I can't see you there
- Pete Townshend (23-12-1999, Shepherds Bush Empire)