Mesa Del Sol

Repost from TheWhoMaximumRnB:

>Abducted from the Slowhand Digest, used without permission,
so sue me!!!  ;-)

===========

Subject:
        The Who
   From:
        "Kirk Wheexxxx" <kwheexxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.net>

Well I just went to The Who concert here in Albuquerque, NM at the Mesa
Del Sol and I can tell this was about the best concert I ever went to.
I've been to a number of concerts through the years. Never had the
pleasure to see Eric Clapton live, but I can tell you Pete Townsend,
Roger and John just KICKED BUTT!!! This was a Powerhouse concert with
Pete on top of it with lightning speed and on target throughout.
Earlier Live recordings with Pete Townsend including the Live concerts
with Eric Clapton did not capture how talented this man is. It's like
he is on top of it better than ever now.

John the OX on Bass was just hammering and slapping that bass like I've
never seen before. Roger has not aged. He's was on top of the vocals,
harmonica and guitar just kickin' but. It was a perfect night for an
outdoor concert.  There was something in the air that was too much than
words can say. Lookin' forward to hopefully seeing EC Live in the same
kind of atmosphere.