concert photos

I've noticed folks posting photos, selling photos, etc. from the latest
shows. I was an avid concert photographer back in the early 1980s before
"the screws" were placed on bringing cameras into shows. I dabbled with
smuggling the camera in for awhile, but found the paranoia of possibly
being kicked out too much to bear. I just couldn't enjoy the show. My
ticket for the San Diego show, to my surprise, said nothing on the front of
the ticket about cameras or recorders. Which led me to believe that quite
possibly there might be a change in policy about these shows. I was wrong.
I showed up with my camera and was told to promptly take it back to the
car. Sucked. So..my questions are, how have folks been getting their
cameras in, has security said anything to you while in the venue, and is my
paranoia of being kicked out while inside "real?" I have front row seats on
Pete's side at the upcoming New Mexico show and find the temptation/need to
take pictures overwhelming. But.. possibly, there will not be enough
"buffer" between me and security. Any tips?

Greg