Who on CNN WorldBeat

Thanks to Jeff House for pointing this out to me:

As I found out today, CNN WorldBeat was supposed to have an hour long show
this last weekend that was to have contained a report with a couple of Who
bits in it.  CNN decided to only air the first half.  They may still run the
second half this weekend.  However, the whole text for the report is
available at:
http://www.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/15/wb.rockers/index.html

Here's the pertinent parts:

Tried 'n' true
Veteran rockers remain true to selves, music
[snip]
The song remains the same, as Page's band, Led Zeppelin, once sang. But the
notes may not remain so constant, as Who frontman Roger Daltrey recently
noted. "I am trying to do things and sing songs that I used to sing 30 years
ago, and my voice has changed," Daltrey told WorldBeat. "I can't hit some of
the real high notes I used to hit, but it makes you have to explore
different avenues."
[snip]
The Who's Pete Townsend agreed. "I don't think that new acts (today) break
ground quite the way we broke it in the old days, because there was no
ground (already) broken then," he said. "It was much easier."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm