RE: The Era of the Grown Up Punk

> From:	O'Neal, Kevin W.
> To:	'TheWho@igtc.com'
> Subject:	RE: The Era of the Grown Up Punk
> 	Did it affect the success of his solo albums?  Hmmmmmm.  Pete chose
> a path.  Most didn't like it (or get into New-Wave/Punk), but many did.
> 	I personally felt Pete took it too far (time-wise and creatively).
> It took allot of effort and adjustment to let it go and return (or follow)
> the next path.
> 	Kevin in VT.

		[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I want to officially retract my
statement above that "Pete took it too far (time-wise and creatively)."
		Who do I think I am???
		What I think I was trying to express is that Pete dove very
deep into this genre, deeper then most artists.  This may, or may not, have
had something to do with what he was "using" at the time.
		I do stand behind my view that it took allot of effort and
adjustment to let it go and return (or follow) the next path.
		And, I *do* see Pete on a different path now.  Grown up even
more (aren't we all) and "settling up" on many past issues and dilemmas.
This applies to his music, his relationships in the band, his relationship
with his Mum, etc..
		What makes Pete, Pete, and The Who....The Who, is that it is
a living organism.  It/he keeps growing.  And don't we grow right along with
him??
		Who knows, maybe once all is "settled up", we'll see a fresh
new view on things (via a new album) ??!
		 I for one hope to see optimism for the future in his new
work.  That's what I want for him.

  From: Bjorn Ciggaar <ciggaar@warande.net>

 Magik (who showed me Manhattan, and let me stay at
his place for a couple of days, THANKS MAN! whenever you're in Amsterdam
join me for a *real* joint, and not any of that American ultra-light shit
that's going around at the shows :-)), Kevin, Alan, Terry (I give you the
		same invitation as Magik :-)),

		[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Just want to address Bjorn here for a
moment regarding a conversation on another list that I didn't wish to join.

		First off my man, kudos (that means "good for
you"..........although quite good, I'm not sure how proficient your English
is) to you for stating that "other people were getting hurt".  It's bashing,
or disrespecting, other WHO fans' opinions and feelings that makes me puke.
Nuff said.

		Regarding the statement made by you
above................You, my good sir, need to come to Vermont.  Where not
only the Mountains are greener ;-) !!!!
		Ultra light?????  Yea, that chaff you got in the big city
would apply, but *that's* not the only thing that grows in the US.
		Hell, some of the dread-locks here in VT would be more
potent then what you find in NY or DC.
		Hydro-P is alive and well in the great north.
		Scott will attest after I get through with him in Cleveland
;-).
		Whish I had known Bjorn, I would have shown you some
hospitality! ;-)

		Kevin in VT