Hollywood Bowl show

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am still on a big adrenalin rush from my very first Who show ever. (No,
i'm not a newbie...just never got to see them before)

Been a fan since I was 16.  What better venue to see them than at the
Hollywood Bowl?  Parking sucked ass though.  So did the food/beer stands.
An hour in line to get a lousy $9.00 sandwich and a bottle of water.  Some
loser in my row decided to use the seats to walk on and stepped on $4.50
worth of sandwich.  DOHHH my bad for leaving it on the seat while I rocked
out.

I didn't write the set list down.  Sorry.  Highlights for me were "The
Relay", and a cool version of "Magic Bus" even though Pete stopped it
partway through then restarted.  Lots of extended jams throughout the show.
John's thunderfingers highlighted "5:15".  Pete did an acoustic "Drowned"
too.  Roger donned an acoustic guitar for "The kids are alright."  Everyone
sang along pretty much to all the songs.

Pete was in a great mood, making fun of a female fan in the front row with a
really loud voice.  He windmilled like mad all night, even did a few leaps.
Hey, he kicks ass for being old enough to be my dad!  He brought out his
digital cam onstage so expect a little footage from the show to end up on
his video diary.  He also poked fun at himself mentioning his music being
used for "a japanese car commercial".

Very nice selection of shirts available at the show.  Pricey as usual.
$25-$45.  I will fork out $25 for a lady's tank top at the Irvine show.
Worth it to me.  Even the pricey bench seat was worth it to me.  (about $100
with all the ticketbastard charges)  I had a great time.

SoCal fans, come to the Irvine show.  These old geezers still kick ass, I
don't care what anyone says.  Plan to get screwed in the parking situation,
though.  Get there early and plan on getting home LATE.

...tired, happy, hoarse...will do it all again on Wednesday!!!

- Kim (sometimes known as Sterling...)
http://lomara.tripod.com

PS.  shit shit shit....shame on me for missing our Bobzilla on Saturday.  I
was saving my pennies for today and Wednesday, and stayed home. (stoopid
employer switched our pay periods around so I was broke 'til today)  Forgot
about the webcast.  Smack me at Irvine, Bob...I deserve it....