Re: Tommy

>"Question: Am I the only one on this list who likes the TOMMY movie?"

Nope.  I think it's a gem.  Although I lose a lot of my interest after
"Champagne" -- I don't really buy into the ending -- up to and including
Champagne I think each song is a carefully-crafted work of art, and Russell
is a genius at portraying Tommy's (and sometimes Mrs. Walker's) internal
world alongside objective reality.

I still remember how disappointed I was when I saw Quadrophenia for the
first time and the magnificent sound of "The Real Me" faded off into plain
ol' dialogue, and I realized the Quad movie was NOT going to be "all music,
all the time".

Maybe I should give Quad another chance but the plain facts are that I've
seen Tommy probably 40 times and would be happy to watch it again, whereas
I've seen Quad either once or twice, I forget which, and none within the
last 15 years.

Cheers,

Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."