Re: Lifehouse or Lamehouse

>I started to watch Quad the movie this morning, during my Nordic tracking,
>and it really is difficult to follow at times but I really like it.  I
>don't think I could watch it without having some kind of understanding and
>fondness for the album.  Did I say album, oh shit, I'm dating myself.  I
>mean the Plasma Injected Digitally Encrypted Bit Stream Media Carrier.

Heheh.  I'm sure the Nordic tracking didn't help.  It really is a film you
have to watch carefully.  Snooze and you miss something.  Once you get into
it, it's easier to follow, but think I started it over at least once when I
watched it.

I don't quite know who's responsible for the result, probably the writer and
director combined, but whoever it was has the same kind of mind Pete has.  I
would have sworn he'd done the screenplay.  I've heard complaints that the
movie is shallow and doesn't inquire enough to develop the characters.  I'd
agree with that, but there's only so much you can do in a couple of hours.
This is a terrific vehicle for Pete socio-political commentary, and presents
the story through a progression of symbols.

Some writers/directors don't have any feel for how to use a subtext of
double meanings, and I think that's one of the big failings of TOMMY the
movie.  The layers of subtext are always there in Pete's compositions, but
Ken Russell certainly didn't read them the way Roddam/Humphries did.  Do you
suppose Roddam/Humphries might be available to film Lifehouse?

keets