Re: Voices

>His [Pete's] voice, while beautiful (or smooth as my wife likes to
>call it), has a very limited range.  Roger on the other hand can go
>from hard low's to
>imprssive highs. Pete is always pushing his range.  When it hits
>it's like clouds parting, but when it doesn't....it really doesn't.
>Luckily only heard one crack.
>
>Stay in tune,
>"you got me runnin'......dowwwn the track"
>Kevin in VT

I don't see it that way. Roger does sing impressive highs but I'm not
so sure about his low end. I don't have my Blues To The BUSH (what a
great name) yet, but I have a HOB boot and a Bridge boot, and Roger's
voice really bottoms out on the Johnny Cash covers "I Walk The
Line"/"Ring Of Fire". I don't know if Pete's low end goes that low
either, but I certainly wouldn't say he "has a very limited range."
Pete uses falsetto for high notes, where it doesn't seem that Roger
does. When you say "limited range" and "always pushing his range", do
you mean in live performance or in general? Lately or throughout his
career? Please cite some examples of Pete's limited range or Roger's
hard lows for further discussion.

Although I like Roger's and Pete's voices better, I think John
actually has a great range.

Jim