Quad rocker shame.....

news about shamed rock star gary glitter who played the rocker at a number
of Quad shows:
(I think this kind of publicity prevents Quad shows featuring this guy EVER
appearing again...including the hyde park opener)

Glitter flees Britain for Cuba
Shamed rock star Gary Glitter has fled Britain to spend his life abroad in
Cuba. The 55-year-old pop star, who served a two month jail sentence for
collecting child pornography on the internet, has left his £300,000 London
flat to make a new life for himself and girlfriend Yudenia Sosa Martinez.
Yudenia is living in a four bedroom flat in the Cuban capital, Havana, and
friends say she is hoping for a marriage proposal from Gary after telling a
friend: "I can't wait to marry Gary. I love him. A friend said: "The average
Cuban salary is £9 a month and Gary is a very rich man here. The lifestyle
Yudenia can enjoy with him is one she could only dream of before they met."

Yudenia has kept it secret from her family that Glitter has been jailed -
and told them he left Cuba to play concerts in Britain. But Yudenia's
sister, Olgalidia, was horrified when she learned the truth and said: "This
was a terrible secret she kept from me." Her brother Armando added: "Yudenia
has torn our family apart. But money talks in Cuba."
Information site: Gary Glitter biography
Official site: Cuba.com