Re: Keith Moon Pic looks like a GO!

Well, this is great news.  Looks like maybe Roger has it going.  A
while back I heard speculation that his son Jamie might play him, at
least in the early days.

LB

> I just saw this news item today, coincidentally the same day as the
> press conference. I thought "City of Angels" sucked (get Wim Wenders
who directed  "Wings of Desire" to do it. Hell, that's what "City" was
based on), but at least it sounds like a solid piece of development
news.

> If they do get Nick cage as Pete, who for Roger? I say that blonde
> guy from "Armageddon," that looks like his nose is constantly broken.
>
> -gern
>
> HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - The Who's late drummer, Keith Moon, is the
> subject of a film being developed by director Brad Silberling ("City
of Angels") with cooperation from the band's remaining members -- Pete
Townshend, Roger Daltrey and John Entwistle.

> The Who, set to announce plans Monday for their new North American
> tour, also may contribute to the soundtrack of Silberling's next film
> project, "Baby's in Black," inspired by the 1989 murder of his
fiancee, 21-year-old actress Rebecca Schaeffer, who was killed by a
stalker.

> The Keith Moon project is based at Warner Bros., but it is unclear
> whether the involvement of Sinclair -- a longtime Who fanatic--
extends to his financing and production company.

> Still, a film about the life and times of Moon, the madman drummer
> who died in 1978 of an overdose of an anti-alcoholism medication,
could prove a magnet for leading Hollywood talent.

> Upon hearing of the potential Who picture, actor Nicolas Cage, who
> starred with Meg Ryan in the 1998 Silberling-directed "City of
Angels," was quoted as saying, "I am Pete Townshend!"

> Production on the Moon project still appears to be a ways off,
> however, with Silberling determined to make his passion project,
"Baby's in Black," his next film.

> Written as a dark comedy, the film involves a man whose fiancee is
> murdered and who later finds himself falling in love again while in
the awkward position of living with his intended's in-laws. The film is
set in the early '70s.