Who Are You

I thoroughly enjoyed the song by song summation of It's Hard by SCHRADE
in Akron.  I remember when that album came out, how anticipated it was,
and how dissapointed I was left once I absorbed it (positive comments
were also related to here).  The tour that accompanied the album,
however, was fantastic (at least the Rich Stadium show was).  My two
cents on Who Are You....this album has been kicked around way to much
over the years for my liking.  This album gave me more insights into the
Who's music than any other with the possible exception of Quadro.  I love
the backing vocals on EVERY song they appear on.  Moon's drumming is much
better than I have ever heard the critics give him credit for.
Townshend's writing was top notch, particularly 'Guitar and Pen', and
'New Song' (the one song I have never seen live that I would love to see
is 'New Song').  The OX was stepping out of Townshend's shadows, finally
accepting that Daltrey may be able to sing some of his songs better than
him.  The brass is great.  There is clearly a sense of innovation and
urgency in the air with the advent of punk and Townshend's response to
it.  I think this album will endure the test of time, as will the Who.
Top Who albums in my book: 1. Who Are You.....2. Who By Numbers....3.
Quadrophenia