my gggeneration / DVD

well, we knew it was happening but I heard it for the first time last night
-
I am of course referring to Oasis' cover of My Generation...
They played live on BBC2 on sat night with Jools Holland and finished with
the cover version...
Its beyond comment really...
Any arguments would be a rehash of a previous arg that took place here..
to me oasis are the rock-band-by-numbers of the 90s...
lets be bad,rip off catchy tunes and make a million!!
lacking originality etc..

anyway,being totally diplomatic the version was nice and loud and may bring
the who to a new audience..
but do we really want a load of oasis fans at the next who gig?
once oasis claimed they loved the beatles MTV was full of 14yr olds stating
that the beatles were the best band in the world ever and oasis were no.2..
when asked which was their favorite beatle album....blank faces....
says it all..

on a diff matter - my pet fave of DVD -
Live at isle of W is coming out on R2...
and TKAAA is being advertised for Apr 10 in UK..
next monday will confirm....