Re: Flippin' pancakes, uh I mean lousy

> With all due respect to Pete, the flip they are.

Carolyn:

Consider where Pete was coming from. I would think even the most dedicated
Beatles fan would have to admit that as musicians they were only fair,
especially as compared to a band with the greatest drummer and bass player
so far (even). That's two out of the three musicians, and I think I could
make a strong case for Pete being the best rhythm guitarist and perhaps
even as good a lead player as George (who was never great by any standard).
I mean, The Stones were flippin' lousy too. Keith hasn't progressed an iota
since 1966.
However one might consider the songwriting (although I believe I could make
a very strong argument there as well, considering no Beatles album was
recorded in four different incarnations so far, and that's not counting the
live versions) and maybe the singing in comparison, I think we have to
grant that The Who were far superior in the performance field. Even The
Beatles themselves said they were at their best live before they recorded,
whereas we know The Who started strong but came into their own (best live
band in the world) several years into their career.