Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #226

>WHO "IMPORT" CD OF THE WEEK (Keith Moon drum roll, please !) :
>"The Who :  Maximum BBC" (in honor of the continued delay of the
>.  Also, look for "Who - BBC Sessions 1967 - 1968."  While this
>"import" only has 14 tracks, it does contain much of the spoken interview
>that Pete gives to an anonymous BBC announcer.
>
>The gentleman's name is Brian Matthews, and he used to host a show called
>"Saturday Beat Club" - which was about as 'hip' as the Beeb was in 65/66 -
>before the corporation re-organised its structure, and introduced Radios
>1,2,3 and 4 (and now, the 'exciting' Radio 5 Live). Brian was a real gent,
>an old professional who was keen to promote the happening 'pop groups' of
>the time. Although I suspect he thought The Who were a bit rough and
>unpredictable. Which - thank God - they were. And which - please God - they
>may still be.
And while those of you in the USA are twitching and bitching about ticket
prices (the HoB seems barmy to me!) and availability - just hold onto THIS
coat - the lads are out there playing. No sign yet of ANY dates in Britain.
And that's not good!
Long Live Rock - Be it dead or alive...
- Simon in Liverpool