Credit, too much of anything, a little submarine in the night

> You'll get no argument from me on that one.  Same goes for Michael
Jackson and
> AFKA Prince owing James Brown.

Brian:

Indeed. But let's give Diana Ross a little credit for Jackson, too.

> My opinion is that Pete fans will love th disc, outside of a few songs we
> (I) have heard a bit too much...like "A Little Is Enough",

Greg:

AMEN!

> Any more news on whether TED will play both days of the Bridge School
> Benefit or just Saturday?

On the PT sits it lists them as playing two shows, one on each day.

> This is correct.  They included everything except "A Day In The Life",
> which I suppose was excluded either because of the brief excerpt in
> the movie (when the sub goes underwater) or because they simply
> forgot.

Carolyn:

Yes, I have it now. Or a copy, I should say. Interesting that even with the
extra tracks it is only 40 minutes long, and they could have easily
included the instrumental tracks (but didn't).

> No, you won't get the extra verse.  The jerks didn't reedit it...don't
> know if this was because Harrison vetoed the idea or for some
> other reason.  Oh, well, at least you get "Only A Northern Song" in
> its first true stereo mix.

And it sounds quite nice, too. I suppose I'll have to make my own full edit
of IATM.

> As far as whether the remixes are better:  I don't believe so.  Unless
> you own a really hi-fi stereo system (I'm talking about the CD now,
> not the video or DVD), you can't even tell any sonic difference.

I make no claims about my system, but I definitely hear the difference.
Like the remix of TOMMY, the songs now have more dimension and depth, and
there are lots of sounds I'd never heard before. I haven't played it in my
DVD player yet, as it's the one with surround sound. I'd like to know if
it's also in 6 channels. But I am impressed with the remix (at least for
now). Whether I end up liking this better or not remains to be seen; it's
hard to have any perspective yet.

> Keep bailing & praying for "Live at the Beeb"....

Thanks; I got very little water damage although the carpet in the back of
my store smells a bit like there was a male cat in here for a while (which
I am working on as fast as I can!).