Downloads & Submarines

>Likely Pete knows this is a niche market, and he's not expecting to sell
>millions of cds, just promote his music a little and make a few bucks ahead
>of the bootleggers.

Keets:

If it's to be available as a release, I don't see how any bootlegging will
be a factor. Pirating, really. And I thought this was a charity event; why
wouldn't the money for the CD also go for charity (as is usually the case)?

> It could even be a matter of who's in CONTROL of giving
>away the music.

I think in this case it would have to be Pete. No way a label would!

>Yeah?  Like what, d'you think?

Not being a lawyer, I can't say...it's just the usual pattern of these
things. The labels and/or unusually anal retentive artists will object to
free downloads on private sites, and will attempt (at least) to make laws to
stop it. Surely you've noticed that every day a little freedom slips away
from us in this "free country" of ours.

>Little bit of something for everybody.  I like the interviews.

Fair enough.

>Anybody notice the sell out associated with this release?  Cookie jars,
>anybody?  <grin>

I didn't, but it's certainly in keeping with the sort of thing which went on
when it was originally released. The Beatles HAVE to have been the most
heavily marketed band in history! But I don't care about that; the remixes
are magic and that's all I care about. I won't be buying any cookie jars or
anything else.

>Hate to get off subject here but I just herd a snippet about "Yellow
>Submarine" being re-masterd. Is it also on VHS format or is it just DVD.

Brian:

It IS on VHS as well, but I cannot say if the documentaries and trailer etc.
are included. But it SHOULD have the surround sound remix, which is the only
real reason to get it. IMHO, it's as good as the stereo remix of PET SOUNDS
(a masterpiece job on a masterpiece) and just as revealing...it's like
hearing it all for the first time. You WILL hear sounds you've never heard
before.
I have yet to hear the new soundtrack release, but assume it also was
remixed. I will know before week's end, since I do know someone who got it,
and I will report in case some may just want the music. I can tell you this
much: it appears that all of the songs included in the movie (like Nowhere
Man and Love You To) are on the CD...presumably full length (unlike the
movie). In regard to that, I'm most interested to see what they've done with
It's All Too Much, which included a line not on the LP version (or original
CD release) but was heavily edited. Will we get the full length version PLUS
the extra line? We'll see.