Pete Townshend cd on web

Hi,
I found this today.  Sorry if it is all old news.  I just get the digest
version of the list.  To those who are going to the Benefit, have a good
time!

Lynda
***************************
 HOME : NEWS : STORY
Rolling Stone.com
Townshend's Live Album, Gratis
Pete Townshend's live album to be available for free download

At a time when artists are racing to get  their albums up online before
they're available at brick-and-mortar record stores,
  another early Web release would be nothing to write home about. Pete
Townshend's upcoming live album might only be downloadable one day prior to
its on-shelf date, but the sweet part of the deal is that downloads of the
album will be                          free of charge for a full week.

The album, Pete Townshend Live, which collects songs from his '97 and '98
performances at Chicago's House of Blues -- both staged to benefit the
Maryville Academy for abused children -- will be available for free
download Sept. 20-27, via Musicmaker.com.

In other Townshend news, the rumored appearance by the Who at Neil Young's
Bridge School Benefit Concert has finally been confirmed, with the rockers
lined-up to play both the Oct. 30 and 31 shows. The Who will play
acoustically, with Townshend, Roger Daltrey and John Entwistle joined by
Ringo's son Zak Starkey on drums.

                              JENNY ELISCU
                              (September 15, 1999)
Lynda Kellam
University of Wisconsin-Madison
lmkellam@polisci.wisc.edu
lmkellam@students.wisc.edu
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~lmkellam
"We are all born mad.  Some remain so."  Samuel Beckett