Kenny Wayne Jones or something...

>     2) The choice of producer: Bill Z (Eagles fame) produced a lifeless
mix

Dave:

I don't know if I'd call it "lifeless," but "too damned slick" works for
me. Trademark Myxylplyx production, that.

> I love Simon Phillips but I felt Zak captured more of Moon's essence.

I didn't want to get into this debate, but I agree with you here.

> (although he is one of the best "technical/neat/clean/refined" drummers
I've
> ever heard.....on par with Niel Pert)

Kevin:

Carl Palmer, before he joined Asia. Although I think HE would have been a
good choice for a Moon replacement, as technical a drummer as he is.

> I thought 'It's Hard' was a great album.

I do too.

> in the who.net news......."Other non-charity events may be scheduled
later,
> but nothing is set in stone".
> 	OK, I'm intrigued.   What does this mean?   What do they know?  Is
> this just hype?

There is some word of shows in the UK. What does it mean? It means a few
shows could turn into many, just as they did with the QUAD tour. Or...not.
We'll have to wait and see.

> What kind of moron would avoid ride cymbals on Baba O Riley.

Kentavo:

We know the answer to that, don't we? But Kenny's not a bad drummer, for
someone like Rod Stewart. He's just not nearly good enough for The Who.

> But I don't think his playing is that bad on two studio albums. I guess
he
> lost his imagination on the last tour.

It wasn't bad on some of the live shows, but even Toronto was better than
WHO'S LAST.

> You have to figure that was what Pete wanted, because he hasn't really
> changed the style of what he's been writing since then.

Keets:

You could say he started getting into the synth with WHO'S NEXT, and it's
been growing ever since.

> of rolls and splashes...) Anyone know if he actually played on this
> track, or is it Pete doing a good imitation, or someone else? Just
> curious!

Kath:

It's Pete, so he said.