The Who Sell Out...

>>It bothers me that a band whose members have all used drugs and
continue
>>to, in some cases at least, would lend a song to an anti-drug
commercial.
>>      - Mark Leaman

"This next one... arose because the agency which manages
our publicity contract also manages a contract for the American
Cancer Society.  They asked us... after they heard the Odorono
commercial... if we could do one to discourage youngsters from
smoking tobacco.  So we said yes and we tried it out.  We were
a bit skeptical at first.  We don't want to dictate to anyone what
to smoke..."

- Pete Townshend at the Fillmore East, April 5th, 1968
  (introducing "Little Billy")

***

-Kyle