"We Close Tonight"

John swears that he didn't write anything for Quad but he also says that's Pete
singing when it's so obviously himself (with Keith doing the middle bits) so I
don't think he can be completely trusted.
Pete's remarked right after the recording that John had written a song that
summed up the whole of Quadrophenia.  He added that John refused to play it for
him, so I have my doubts that the song was "We Close Tonight."  It could be that
Pete wrote a song for John and Keith to sing at the point when he realized that
John wasn't going to get a vocal on the album.

If you haven't seen them yet, Scott, you might want to check out my detailed
liner notes at:
http://www.thewho.net/linernotes/

	-Brian in Atlanta