Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #256

> C'mon Pete, how about giving us something that we don't already
have,(like
> more of your home demos or the live boxed set), instead of more
> ehashing,( Tommy, Quad,Lifehouse, etc)..?
>
> Anyone else feel the same?

Chris:

Not in the least. I can't imagine what it will take to make a 6 disc set,
but I look forward to it. Sounds like what I envisioned several years ago:
a LAYLA-like "Lifehouse Sessions" set, but that would include not only the
demos but finished versions in correct order, the NYC sessions, all of the
Young Vic show, and stuff from the tour (which was recorded but never
released, with the exception of four songs). I hope for, but don't expect,
this.

> I was kind of thinking myself that this is PT's notion of how to cut down
on
> the bootlegging.

Keets:

Maybe, but I think it's something else. For one thing, it comes after he's
already revisisted his other two major works. It appears, at least to me,
he's securing his legacy. Then, too, this is the beginning (or middle,
maybe) of a flurry of Who activity...starting with the live album, and
ending (as far as we know now) with a tour next summer. Maybe he's just
decided to "go for it."

>   Get your facts straight about the eighties Mark R. Leaman.

Ox:

Alway do. The rest of your note will be answered privately.

Chris:

> who cares what Pete's political thoughts
> are, anyway. Just enjoy the music, Pete's no politician.

Why is it conservatives have such a hard time recognizing a joke? Just
wondering. The rest answered privately.

> I think it's absurd to say that the Daltrey Administration was
detrimental for the band.

Scott:

I agree. Who wouldn't lie about pulling birds, after all? BIG DEAL!

> productive !  I admit the band enjoyed great riches during the bloated
Townshen Ad-

But ONLY the band, not the fans...of which you'd have to count as 98% of
the people involved.

> And if you think that wooden, boring candidate Entwistle will change
anything, you're

Better than Jones...he is a Nazi-sympathizer, it seems. And who is stupid
enough to want to change things that are going so well???? Doesn't make
sense...we're getting a BBC album, several live shows, a 6 disc set, a CD
of new material AND a summer tour. Most people would be happy with that,
one would think! Instead they want to change things, and we'll get another
crappy orchestral tour or something...at $150 a ticket...

>    That would be me, and yeah, it looks like the Who's Next remaster is
> Lifehouse, for all practical purposes.

Jefferee:

I still don't understand why a live Who Are You will be included, because
that would be the least likely of the WAY songs to be a Lifehouse
song...unless somehow Pete predicted The Sex Pistols as well as the
Internet.

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/