RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #253

> I have not heard anything about a show at the Reagan buliding in DC. What
> is going on? Please tell me!
>
> Dave
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I just received via fax the official
"invitation/information sheet" for the "The Americas' New Millennium....A
Cause To Celebrate" event taking place at the Ron (trickle down doesn't)
Reagan building in Washington DC on Newyears eve.
	It's not The who, it's The British Rock Symphony featuring Roger
Daltrey.

	Here is the "What" of it:
	"The Americas' New Millennium: A Cause to Celebrate, aims to raise
one million dollars to benefit numerous Washington area non-profit
organizations supporting health and human services, the arts, historic
preservation, and education.

	With two levels of contribution, this elegant black tie affair will
feature fabulous food from around the world; live coverage of international
celebrations; live big band, swing, 50's rock'n'roll, Motown, and Latin
entertainers on multiple stages throughout the evening; an exclusive
performance by The British Rock Symphony, featuring Roger Daltrey, with
appearances by Billy Preston, Darlene Love, and others; live video feeds and
links to midnight broadcasts from numerous international cities; and a live
Web cast."

	Tickets are $500/per......but read this..very interesting..."Those
who choose to commemorate this historic milestone by participating in the
Millennium Tier, priced at $2,000 per person, will feature an exquisite
multi-course dinner of elegant fare and fine wines followed by a private
performance by a world renowned performer."

	Hmmm, who could this be??  Something tells me many folk who can
afford $2000 would be shocked if it were The who.  It's probably someone
like Yo-Yo-Ma. (can't say I would mind that...but...)

	Ummmm at $500/per , No thanks.  :)
	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin