Re: Bonham- mee

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'll give you that.  I don't know what I was
> thinking when I wrote "close" second.  I've always been one that gets mad
at
> the ongoing debate of who was the better drummer.  To me it's no
> contest....Keith!

Kevin:

Seems like it to me! When someone talks about Bonham, I think: "Yeah, he
was loud. Mixed high in the studio. But what did he do, other than hit the
Hell out of the drums?"

> Until I was talking with a friend who pointed out that
> drummers in "the day" were by comparison much more sedate than today.
Heavy
> Metal really opened the door for 'bombastic'  (love that word now)
drumming.

I GUESS, if you say so. I don't know; they aren't impressing me. Maybe
we're not listening to the same things.

> Back then you had Keith, John B. and a few others like Carl Palmer.

They were musicians, not Rock Stars.

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/