Re: Tommy Movie

>GOD-What a great movie! I will have to say it is my alltime favorite film!
>    I remember when I was 11 and sneaking in the movie theatres to catch a
>'glimpse' of it(they didnt allow 11 year olds to go into PG movies at that
>time,go figure)Well after seeing some of that-I was HOOKED!!! From that
>moment on I became a WHObabe!:)

I saw the movie when I was 13. I was hooked too. I remember "Listening To
You" still running through my head the next day. In retrospect, I've often
thought that this was a strange way to become a Who fan, but I'm obviously
not alone.
However, I would not call Tommy my all-time favorite film. Actually, I
would rate The Who's Tommy (the musical) above the movie (even though our
heroes are in the movie and not the musical).

Speaking of Who movies, I remember a newspaper review of Quadrophenia that
began, "It's not necessarily a bad thing for a movie to have no likable
characters...." :)

Jim