Re: Pete Radio Times interview

From: <p47paul@impop.bellatlantic.net>

> Townshend states in this interview that he is in fact not gay. I am
confused now.

I've heard for quite some time now from various sources that Pete wasn't gay
or even bisexual.  When you think about it, it didn't make any sense anyway.
If you "out" yourself as everyone assumed he did with "Rough Boys" and you
didn't get caught at it (see George Michael), and no guy ever stepped
forward to say, "yeah, I've had sex with Pete" and no one ever saw you so
much as leaving a gay bar, wouldn't you tend to think somebody had got it
wrong?  Then if you were gay and everyone thought you were gay and you left
the wife (or got booted out; I'm not sure which) would you start living with
women all the time and never be seen with even one man?

Pete just says he wants to f*** Mick because he's making fun of everyone
assuming he's gay and he loves to shock people.  It's also a way to support
his gay friends (see Elton) by publicly pretending to bat for their team.
Pete doesn't want to see the lesbians and queers disappear.

        -Brian in Atlanta